Saturday 13 October 2012

Essie 'Apertif' Review


Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love my nail varnish. My favourite brands tend to be Barry M and China Glaze but after hearing so many great things about Essie and then seeing a counter pop up in my local Boots, I decided to give them a shot. Mistake.

I wanted to so much to like this brand! The colour choice is really good, but I just think the quality is terrible, considering one bottle will set you back £7.99. It applies quite thin and takes a long time to dry. However, the main problem is that when I apply this, it dries extremely bumpy and uneven. This is not a problem with my nails as I keep them in really good condition, and have never had this problem with any of my other polishes. I tried to get past it, but it just looked so ugly that I took it off within a few hours.

I have tried again on a few occasions, but each time I get the same horrible bumpyness on my nails. It's such a shame as this colour is beautiful and I have seen a few other colours that I would like to try also. I'm not sure if this is a defect with this bottle, but I'm a bit unwilling to pay £7.99 for another bottle, only to have the same issue.


Has anybody else had this problem with Essie nail polishes? Let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment