Saturday 11 August 2012

Cambridge Haul!

 So some of you may know that I've been in Cambridge for the last week and will be here for another five! I'm here on placement for my Uni at Addenbrookes Hospital so have been pretty busy since I got here on Sunday, and today is the first chance I've had to have a look around the city centre and, of course, do a bit of cheeky shopping!


I went to John Lewis and picked up these cuties. I wanted a mug because I only brought one with me but it's not really enough and I'll take this back to London with me - can you ever have enough mugs?! I love the barista design and it's big enough to hold a decent cuppa. This was £5 which was quite a lot, but as it had a few small chips on the handle and rim (barely noticable), I asked about getting a discount and they offered it to me at £3, which I happily accepted! Bargain!! The notebook I picked up for £6 as I've found myself wanting to jot quite a few things down this first week of placement, and it's a lot easier to have it all in one place, rather than bits of paper all over the place! I love this notebook as the embossed design is just really beautiful and the paper inside is really good quality. I figured during a 9-5 shift, it would make me happy to pull this out to write something down. It's also a micro size and so fits really easily into my tunic pocket.


 I also went to LUSH and bought a 100g bottle of The Olive Branch shower gel for £4.45. The Olive Branch smells gorgeous and is such a beautiful colour! I was a bit trepidus at first because of the olive oil, but the scent that stands out is the mandarins which are really nice. I also picked up another block of Coalface. I mentioned this product in a previous LUSH haul, where I was given a sample of it and didn't use it for ages, but when I finally did, I really loved it! I'm going to be doing a full review on Coalface so keep your eyes peeled for that! Coalface is £4.70 for 100g but I think it's hard to get that amount exactly cut as I paid £5.55 for 118g.


I also picked up this bag from River Island. I needed one of these cheapy canvas bags to carry my stuff in for placement and this had quite a cool (and true!) logo on the front and it was only £1!

I shall be getting some reviews coming up over the next week so be sure to subscribe and comment below :)

2 comments:

  1. That bag is so cute! I've been eyeing one from top shop, and I need it for pretty much the same exact purpose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked in Topshop but the only one similar I could find was £10!! x

      Delete