Saturday 4 August 2012

July Favourites!


VO5* Ultimate Hold Hairpray -  I've found myself reaching for this more and more since it's been warmer as it doesn't make your hair rock hard like I've found a lot do. It gives a good hold but still allows the curls to fall out slightly for that more natural summer look. It's particularly good at keeping your hair in place when it's up.

LUSH 'Peace' Massage Bar - I mentioned this in a recent haul and I'm just in love with it. I've been using it nearly every day and as you can see it's pretty well used!


Clarins Powder Brush - I'm ever so sorry, I don't know the name of this or even where I got it from (bad blogger!) but it's a big kabuki style powder brush which has been great for controlling shine in the past few weeks when it's been very hot!

MAC* 130 Brush - I stopped using this for ages as I was alternating between my MAC 190 foundation and Real Techniques brushes as I find flat foundation brushes worked better to apply my Chanel VitaLumiere, but I've been using this whenever I wanted a slightly higher coverage with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. It buffs it in so well and is one of my staple brushes that can be used to make any foundation look top notch!


Onto make-up!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Crush' - I've done a review of these balms already, but this is the one I was most impressed by and, as I predicted, is the one I've been reaching for most often. I often wear it with a sweep of MAC's Painterly across my lids and lashings of mascara for a easy but stand-out look. It can be built up to be as deep as you would like which I think is great.

Natural Collection Lipstick in 'Pink Mallow' - I dug this out to use in my MAC Snob dupe post, which you can read here, and since then I've remembered why I like it so much and it's a great natural pink for summer.

No7 Natural Blush in 'Soft Damson' - I bought this as a more natural alternative to Benefit Sugarbomb which I used to use everyday, and I really, really like it! It seems a bit like MAC* 'Well Dressed' but less sheer and slightly warmer. A tiny bit goes a long way to give a lovely flush to the cheeks.



MAC* Eyeshadow in 'Wedge' - I picked this staple item up the other day after seeing it used so much in tutorials but not actually owning it. I see now why it's so popular - it's the most perfect light brown. I've used this nearly every day through my crease, just to get the subtle definition through the socket. 

MAC* Paintpot in 'Indianwood' - I was going to get Rubenesque but I was drawn to the bronze tones in this colour instead and I am so glad I opted for this. It's so easy to just whack on with a finger and instantly makes my eyes pop. I absolutely love it. I've also used it with Mythology by MAC* over the top for a more dressy look. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey I tagged you in my most recent post, go check it out :)
    -Liz
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I've done the tag, that was fun :) Thanks for tagging me xx

      Delete