Friday 27 July 2012

NOTD & Review | Revlon 'Grapefuit Fizz'


Since it's actually be nice weather for the past few days, I thought I should take a brief hiatus from the dark colours I normally sport and I've been wearing this shade from Revlon. It's called 'Grapefruit Fizz' and comes in a range with a few other 'Fizz' shades. It's one of those 'smells fruity when dry' polishes, but it really just smells strongly of Grapefruit constantly. If you're not a fan of strong smells, definitely avoid this one, as it fills the room when you're applying it and it lasts for at least 2/3 days around your nails.

In general, I'm not a fan of this nail polish. I bought it a few months ago and have only worn it a couple of times since then. It's really sheer so you need to build it up using 3 or 4 coats to make it opaque, or layer it over another colour. You can see from how much I've used in the bottle, this annoys me as this nail polish cost £6.49 and I've used nearly a 1/5 of the bottle for only wearing it 2 or 3 times! 

I usually layer it up in 3 coats and, as you can see, it's still quite sheer. I also find the smell too strong, as I mentioned. Another thing (that is probably the main thing putting me off it) is that it makes the end of my nails look really yellow. I'm not sure if this is due to a yellow undertone in the polish, or due to the fact that it's not getting colour to the ends of my nails so they look yellow in comparison? Either way, I don't like it. 


You can see in this picture that my nails look really weird! Not pretty is it?! It's a shame because I think I would really like a watermelon pink colour that this seems to suggest. 

Next post: Everyday make-up look or best tanning products?! Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment